What’s the best way to keep people out of your personal data? You know, those important documents or incriminating pictures. Well, you can encrypt it, you can burry it in some unsuspecting location on your PC, use dummy folder names, etc. The list goes on and on. Well, with the help of Hide Files by Spydex Inc., you can take your protection to the next level by making them invisible.
Hide Files gives you the ability to make designated files disappear. With a simple drag and drop, you can make any file, regardless of size or contents, disappear. You can even make the system partition disappear, which has all of the system files for Windows on it, rendering it completely hidden to all users.
Being the creator of the hidden files, you will be the only one that will be able to access these files and even though the files may be invisible, they will perform their necessary functions. In other words, just because you hide the C: drive, Windows XP is still going to work just as it did. This is possible, because nothing has moved in all actuality. The files remain in the same place, they are just simply invisible to the user.
Hide Files is an incredibly easy program to use. The interface is simple with a straightforward design. The process of hiding or unhiding files is beyond simple. If you know how to drag and drop, a file/folders, you can use Hide Files, because that’s all there is to it.
Hide Files Features:
- Any number of files and folders may be hidden at the same time.
- No one but you can access your hidden files or folders.
- Program does not modify file system structure.
- Hotkey and password protection for program start.
- Stealth Mode: program itself can be hidden.
- Hide Files will hide any folders including Windows, Windows System folders and partition root folders without damage of operational system itself (i.e. your computer will continue to work normally).
- Invisibility of hidden files over network.
- Locking of hidden files to prevent access to them via list of most recently used files.
- Provides a high level of information security.
- Intuitive and easy-to-use user interface.
- Full Windows platforms compatibility.
- NTFS, FAT32 and FAT file systems are supported.
Hide Files has tons of resources for any of you that may need a little more explanation or if you find yourself getting stuck on something. There is a FAQ section on Spydex’s Web site, as well as, a comprehensive Help file from within the program itself. As soon as you install the program, a Quick Guide tutorial pops up that will walk you through the necessary procedures in order to hide/unhide files. It also helps you learn how to effectively manage the program. They even have a contact e-mail and a phone number that you can use for technical support. The numbers are listed in the Help file and on Spydex’s Web site.
So, I think you’re all set. This program can keep prying eyes from accessing those important hidden files, because one good way to protect data is by making it appear as though it doesn’t even exist.
You can download Hide Files here.
Until next week, stay safe out there.
~ Chad Stelnicki