If you’re having an issue either installing or removing a program on your PC in Windows 10, Microsoft offers a free tool that might be able to help.
Among the problems it tackles:
- Corrupted registry keys on 64-bit operating systems
- Corrupted registry keys that control the update data
- Problems that prevent new programs from being installed
- Problems that prevent existing programs from being completely uninstalled or updated
- Problems that block you from uninstalling a program through Add or Remove Programs (or Programs and Features) in Control Panel
Scroll down and click on the Download button. If you aren’t on the PC that’s having the issue, you can save the tool to a CD or flash drive to use later.
Save it to your downloads and then open the program. Follow the instructions of the installation wizard.
You’ll be asked if the problem is with Installing or Uninstalling.
The tool will then search for issues.
Select the program you’re having an issue with then click Next.
The program will then suggest fixes like uninstalling a conflicting program or updating drivers. I can’t promise that it will fix all of your issues, but it can certainly help.