Keeping your keyboard clean is essential for maintaining its functionality and prolonging its lifespan. Here are some tips to help you keep your keyboard clean:
1. Turn off your computer Before you start cleaning your keyboard, make sure to turn off your computer and unplug the keyboard from the computer.
2. Shake out loose debris Turn the keyboard upside down and gently shake it to remove any loose debris, such as crumbs or dust.
3. Use compressed air Using compressed air, blow out any remaining debris from between the keys. Hold the canister upright and spray in short bursts to avoid causing any damage to the keyboard.
4. Use a soft-bristled brush Use a soft-bristled brush to gently sweep away any remaining debris that the compressed air didn’t remove. Be careful not to apply too much pressure, as this can damage the keys.
5. Clean the keys Dampen a microfiber cloth with a small amount of rubbing alcohol and gently wipe down each key. Make sure to avoid getting any liquid inside the keyboard.
By following these simple tips, you can keep your keyboard clean and functioning properly.