A reader recently discovered that her smart TV isn’t so smart without its Internet connection.
“Cyn, am at my wits end here…my wired router (Belkin 533 cheap I know, but am on a budget) connection isn’t working on my Vizio t.v. and I can find no way to restart it. Can you help? If so, I’ll return w/particulars. I’ve unplugged & reset both modem & router to no avail. I’ve talked w/Belkin support in Tim-Buck-To w/no help… Thanks.”
Does the Belkin work with other things? If so, the issue could be the TV. I went to Vizio’s support site and looked at their suggestions for a faulty TV/Internet connection. Since you’ve already tried troubleshooting the router, lets start with the TV. Have you powered it down and let it sit for a few minutes before restarting? You could also try toggling the connection settings for the TV.
How To Toggle DHCP Settings
- Press the Menu button on the remote
- Go to “Network” and press OK
- Select “Manual Setup” and press the OK button.
- DHCP is listed at the top of this page and it will usually say “On” next to it. Press the arrow button on the remote that points to the right to turn it off. Then press the arrow button that points to the left to turn it on again.
- Test the network connection again
Let’s see if that helps.
*note The reader checked back in with me and it did the trick.