If you want to uninstall a program on your PC, you can always go through the basic Windows process for uninstalling a program. Sometimes, that process will leave stray bits and pieces of programs behind. That’s when a program like Revo Uninstaller comes in handy.
There are free and paid versions available. The free version should be more than enough for the average home user.
Revo Uninstaller supplements the built-in uninstall function of Windows by first running the built-in uninstaller for a program. Then it scans for leftover data to remove temporary files and other unnecessary data that’s left behind.
There’s also a special hunter mode that will help you track down or disable a program that you can’t find listed anywhere.
The program also comes with 8 additional cleaning tools:
- Autorun Manager – control Windows startup
- Junk Files Cleaner – remove unnecessary files
- Windows Tools – useful Windows tools in one place
- Browsers Cleaner – clear Internet browser history
- MS Office Cleaner – clear Microsoft Office history
- Windows Cleaner – remove junk files from your Windows
- Evidence Remover – erase permanently confidential data
- Unrecoverable Delete – erase permanently files and folders
Click on this link to go to the page to download.
You’ll also have the option to download a portable version you can run from a USB drive.